ATLANTA DENTAL CENTER - GA
Expanding fast - Looking for a dedicated, expansion-driven
Front Office - Insurance Verifier
About our practice:
The Atlanta Dental Center has been serving patients in Atlanta for over 33 years. We offer a high-paced clinical environment with the latest dental technology (CEREC, 3D X-Rays, Digital X-Rays, Advanced Oral Photography, paperless patient charts, etc.). Our doctors are highly accomplished amongst their peers with Fellowships and Accreditations in a variety of dental associations. We offer benefits and clear routes to skill improvements (including training).
We do not participate in any insurance networks, however, we do accept insurance and we see many new patients every day we are open. We also have specialist dentists on staff, including a Periodontist and Prosthodontist. We have full-time employment (40hrs) for all staff.
Our location: 620 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 204, Atlanta, GA 30308 http://atlantadentalcenter.com/
: Monday 8:50am-5pm, Tuesday 7:50am-5pm, Wednesday 8:50am-7pm, Thursday 7:50am-5pm, and Friday 7:20am-3pm.
Your primary mission is to quickly, accurately and thoroughly verify insurances, update the patients’ files, build the insurance in Dentrix, as needed, note exceptions in coverage…in other words, provide complete and accurate insurance information that is properly documented – and done in a timely manner so that the office is completely prepared to present current information to the patient regarding their insurance benefits.
Specific responsibilities & duties:
- Contact insurance companies by phone and/or online to obtain full information regarding benefits and eligibilities
- Accurately document all insurance verification in the patient chart
- Scan insurance verification forms into patient file
- Build insurance in Dentrix software
- Answer calls from patients about doing their treatments
- Coordinate with Accounts and Schedulers when quoting patients their costs
- Write detailed notes of all interaction with patients in patient charts
- Interacting with patients on the phone, by email or in person regarding their insurance, answering questions they may have about coverages and obtaining information so that insurance can be verified.
- Following up on overdue insurance payments
- Answering office phones as a back up to the receptionist
- Other administrative and organizational duties, as assigned, associated with front office duties
- Required qualifications:
- Dental Education. Ideally you have minimum 2 years of experience in dentistry.
- You need to know basic dental terms and understand what various treatments are, what they involve and be able to explain them.
- Must have working knowledge of dental insurance, the terms, how it works
- Competent computer skills required
- Dentrix software skills is a plus.
- Excellent phone skills and prolonged work on the phone.
- Must speak English fluently and clearly.
Offered salary & other compensations:
- Required personality and behavioral characteristics:
- Team player
- Quick to learn
- No holding on to upsets or disagreements
- High duplication of tasks and directions and details
- Responsible for job and patient
- Highly ethical (when interacting with patients, this is very important)
- Attention to minute detail
- Very well organized
- Upbeat and enthusiastic
- Professional presentation and demeanor is required
We offer a very competitive starting salary, based on your experience and performance record – including benefits such as dental, paid vacations, supplemental insurance, transport, bonuses and education. We will be happy to provide the details of these benefits when you visit us.
Please do not call the practice. We do NOT accept phone applications. Thank you for applying through the given link.